lunes, 26 de marzo de 2012

Suitability Analysis with ArcGIS (Part 1 Restriction Mode)

This is a tutorial on how to create a restriction model. A restriction model is a boolean raster of zeros and ones. Where a cell with zero value represents a cell restricted for the proposed use and a cell with value one represents a viable cell for the proposed use.
The tutorial is set to find a suitable area for a waste disposal site. Among the ArcGIS tools used are:
1. Union
2. Feature to Raster
3. Buffer
4. Is Null
5. Con

1 comentario:

  1. Hello, I applied this model on an area in Romania and I had impressive results. I want to present this and also use this in a bibliography.
    Could you tell me if the formula is created by you, and the model as well, or who should I quote ?
    Thank you very much!

    ResponderEliminar